What do you know about the Swine Flu?

My sister had it and was really really sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Health

• The son of a student of mine had it and developed serious pneumonia, was hospitalized, and they almost lost him. He is in his 50's, I think. Anyway, I was shocked about this, and now I am concerned about it.

Answer by Bmat at 4:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I learned from a nurse (i used to watch her kids at a daycare) that its not more serious that the west nile virus was. and its treated just like the regular flu. Looking up numbers it effects less people than the normal flu as well. Of course elderly and children are effected more bc they have a lower immune system. Same goes for preg women. My friends DH got it and had the flu symptoms but recovered just fine from it. And he didnt have to be hospitalized.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My daughter had it in May. She had a fever for 3 days; the cough and congestion lasted a couple more. She had one really gross bloody nose (a common symptom.

It was the flu..

Answer by rkoloms at 4:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Enough to not care. If any of us get it, we will deal with it like any other flu.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Get treated with Tamiflu (doc prescribed). My sis had it and she took these pills for 5 days, started feeling better after the first pill. Good luck to your sis!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 11:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009