Anyone have experience with a short luteal phase or high prolactin levels?

After ovualtion (based on poas and cm) my luteal phase (the amount of time between ov and my period) only lasts somewhere just at or under 10 days. It should be around 12-16 days. Last month I had a miscarriage at week 5, I'm pretty sure due to my short luteal phase. We've been trying for 7 months. I think that I may have high levels of prolactin (one of the horomones from nursing which can cause a short luteal phase) because I still occasionally leak even though I weaned my son in september (he was 15 mo.). What testing and treatment do the doctors do? I've switched insurances so I have to go and pick a new doctor and I want to know what to expect. Anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would start spotting and/or bleeding 10 - 11 days after ovulation, and I also had a miscarriage or chemical pregnancy at around 5 - 5 1/2 weeks. II was using progesterone suppositories the month I miscarried, so I had to move on to something stronger. had to take progesterone shots to maintain a pregnancy. The doctor will probably want to run blood tests to check your progesterone level at various points in your cycle to determine if it really is a problem. I'm not sure on the treatment for prolactin issues, but they can run blood tests to see if you do really have that problem. The doctor will most likely request a full fertility panel set of blood tests. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• They may just need you to take medication to fix it. Take all your charts so that they have something to work with...god for you to know what your cycle is or they would just tell you that you are infertile.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009