How can I stop my toddler from playing with her poop?

My 34 month old little girl, still not potty trained {trying but refuses}, has played with her own poop {spreading it everywhere UGH:( } at our home {never at daycare}, about 8 times in the past six months. Needless to say this just completely upsets me tremendously. I have screamed, and given her time outs, cold showers, asked her why - no answer. She has a 15month old brother. And she never does this at daycare. HELP!!

kkidsmom916

Asked by kkidsmom916 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 22 months (the youngest one) and for at least 4 months she takes her diaper off, if she is alone in her playroom or bedroom and plays with hers too. She doesn't do it if she is constantly supervised. I think it is for attention, but I'm not sure. Now that I am stay at home mom and have more constant supervision with her she doesn't do this. But I think they start by I don't want to be dirty then its like hum, what's this and they play with it and run around and that is how it gets everywhere. GOod Luck I know its hell cleaning poo off toys with little parts and electric so you can't put it under water, BLEACH is your friend.
    tdoubleday04

Answer by tdoubleday04 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009