Pregnancy test said yes, doctor said no????

I was on my feet all day friday and saturday I had some light spotting, so I took it easy for the rest of the day. Sunday, same thing. Took a test, it came back positive. I used the first response. So I took another test Tuesday just to be sure and it was also positive. My period is due today (Thursday) but I haven't started it. So I had a dr. appointment this morning and they done a pregnancy test (pee) and it came back negative. HOW does that work?!? Every other time I go in there they stick me and draw blood and the only ONE time they really need to they DONT!! I am so frustrated!!! They told me to come back in a WEEK! REALLY?!?!?!? OMG I have to wait another freakin week! I know I know I sound like a whiny ass but GEEZ! I am ready to know already. They are doing me the most harm cause now I am stressed out about it. They told me it was too early! Then why in the hell did you tell me to come in?! stupid stupid stupid!!!

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would test again on Sunday. Hopefully, you didn't experience a chemical pregnancy. I had this in April. I took 3 test at home all positive. Got to the doctors peed on their stick and its negative??!!! How is that possible! So they did an internal sonogram their at the office and told me I had a chemical pregnancy. I pray its just a fluke...retest in a few more days
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I usedto work in a dr office and the tests there are JUST LIKE a HPT. First response is actually more sensitive than most of them in the DR offices. Try another FR and if its + believe it
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• If they did a urine test their test could be wrong, im surprised that if you told them you already did a urine test they wouldn't do a blood test, most doctors do. If you got more than one positive you are definitely pregnant, false positives are very rare and are usually the cause of certain medications.
    Tell your doc to do a blood test before giving you a "no"amswer", I mean afterall, wth are doctors for? Ugh, they piss me off when they do urine tests.. like I cant do that myself?!? lmao, sorry had to vent.. Well, congrats on the baby!!!!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 9:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2009