Why is it that BF'ing Moms think they're....

SOOOOO much freaking better than FF'ing Moms?? Crazy People!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just caught that in another post. A person replied to FF mom's as not being educated?? OMG... I tried my hardest to Breast feed and my son cried and screamed the whole time for 2 months straight. Finally my mom said HONEY, this is NOT normal. you can't keep doing this. I cried for weeks cause I couldn't do it.. uneducated??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• well i've been both. I BF for 7 1/2 months. And I've NEVER thought i was better than other moms. I know that everyone does what they believe is best for their babies. Moms have instincts for a reason, and I dont question others for that. I'll be honest I was a lil upset when I had to switch to formula already, but that doesnt ean I think less of moms who started out that way. And I'm sorry that some ppl have made you or someone you know feel that way.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I saw it in the other post too, and again, just proves MY point!!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• If BF mom's didn't think they were better, what would you have to complain about next. Why do you get so offended by someone you don't know and will probably never meet? Words only have power over you if you let them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have 3 children, FF 2 of them and BF the 1, guess I love the one I BF more...NOT... Either way, the baby is fed, happy and healthy.
    I do like to help moms that are BFing because sometimes they give up too soon, thinking they have not made enough milk by what they pump or the baby feeds every 20 mins the first 1-2 weeks, but thats not the case for EVERYONE, and I know that..But never make others feel bad, being a mom is hard enough.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I've read some questions like these & never actually thought that BF moms would think something like that - we all know that BM is good for the baby but if you decide not to or if you can't for some reason & have to bottle feed what difference does it make? you're still feeding your baby, you still love him/her - I am 17 years old & I BF my 9 month old daughter & honestly have not ONCE thought I was better than a FF mom, I used to feed her formula too until she stopped liking it & now I'm going crazy trying to get her back on it.
    adi_stef

Answer by adi_stef at 5:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Some BF moms on here are rude for no reason...not saying they all are. They're posting things attacking all FF moms like they do it cuz they hate their babies. If you're are happy BF your baby awesome but why be rude to those who don't? Just because YOU feel it's best..ok well FF is best for other people. How about BF moms do their thing and FF moms do their thing and quit the attacks
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• "A person replied to FF mom's as not being educated?? OMG... "

There is research indicating that ON AVERAGE, breastfeeding moms tend to have higher education levels. But you can't paint everyone with the same brush.

Remember the bottom line, always: The ONLY opinion that counts is that of the woman in your mirror. You can ignore EVERYONE else.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I EBF for 6 1/2 weeks, and my milk dried up. That's it. It's gone. There is NO milk. I would much rather have to resort to FF than to let my baby starve. I don't think I'm any better, I just made the choice to BF because I wanted to avoid the costs of formula, which I ultimately had to give in to anyway, which hasn't been that big of a deal. But yes, I will try BF'ing again...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• they aren't they just like to think they are. remember YOU are doing what is best for YOUR child, don't let anyone tell you any different, i'm proud of my FF
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009