How much for babysitting? PLZ HELP!!

Ok here is the thing my sister in law and best friend is having her first baby and she ahs asked me to babysit for her which is totally awesome!!! But she wants to know i would charge for babysitting? i had intitally told her not to pay me or to give me wat she can but she says she doesnt want to feel weird about it as in feel like shes not giving me enough. So wats fair? her income is limited and she wont be working full time after she has the baby? HELP!!! ANYONE!!

florezitta10

Asked by florezitta10 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do what feels right to you! I charged my sister in law $5 per hour for two kids! That is way cheaper than what she would have paid at the daycare!!
    alyjax03

Answer by alyjax03 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• normaly i charge 25.00 a day.. its an even # so i babysit 3 days thats 75.. but i am cheaper for another women cause she works real hard for lil money and is trying to do things on her own and know her check isent huge and she needs food/diapers..so i do charge her 4.00 an hour. and i have her son from 7 am to about 2pm. somedays 7am to 12 noon. he is 2 by the way. u try to be cheap to help and recive a lil something for yourself..but with a tiny one make sure she suplies diapers wipeds...good luck..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Call around to the local daycares about their newborn rates, then charge half.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I agree with the above poster. I pay $75/week for part time (2.5 days a week) So I would suggest charging maybe $35/week.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 5:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I only get paid $75 a week for a 5 year old who I provide lunch and snacks and pick him up from school. Its not the best pay but its better than nothing. I wouldn't charge her to much if I were you. Just go with your instinct. ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Hmmm!! idk wat to do i feel like a bad friend for charging and since she is my niece idk Ahhhhhh!!!
    florezitta10

Answer by florezitta10 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I will have sister-in law babysit in my home and stay overnight in my home during days she babysits because she lives 45 min away. She will be welcome to use stuff in my home. How much should I pay her?
    Newby714

Answer by Newby714 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2009