ABOUT YOUR HUBBY OR THE OTHER WOMAN?

I want to know what people of all walks of life think of this question, married or not, b/f or not, What do you think ? A married couple been together for a long period of time, but her hubby still looks at other women. Is it disrespectful to the wife still? Is the wife just being jealous and is she wrong? Or is it the other woman who knows she looks good and attracts attention from the wrong men! and yes same goes for the wife who looks at men still... who is or what is wrong or right? Even if the wife is secure and they both love each other, is it disrespect? would love to hear from you all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• If he is drooling over the other woman than yes it is disrespectful, but if he just notices her than no, hell I know a good looking woman when I see one and a good looking man. I see nothing wrong with looking but if the man or the woman is like honey I wish you looked like that, or I remember when you did look like, or wish I could have some of that...than yeah uncalled for. But looking, no harm...we are human and we all know what is pretty or attractive
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• no.. we tell each other all the time "hey look at her".. i say its life and if they are into each other than why would it be wrong??

lokk dont touch..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• This is a tough one. Some people say if you are happy with what you've got you won't look. Others say it's not wrong to notice an attractive person even if you're in a relationship/married. I suppose I am with the latter opinion. It's one thing to notice but another to something entirely different to really look at a member of the opposite sex and think about being with them. I would only blame the other man or woman if they are actively trying to start trouble, like if he/she knows a couple is together and is trying to entice someone out of the relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Noticing, even looking and being appreciative in one's own mind is one thing.

Leering is different. Saying something to your wife who has expressed that she does not want to hear it is different. Saying things that are unkind to your wife is different. Making your wife feel like crap is different.

That being said, it's also up to the wife to have requirements that are attainable. To say, "you may never look at someone who is more attractive than I am." is unrealistic. To say, "Please don't ever mention that you find another woman more attractive than you find me." is not unrealistic.

The other woman just walked by. She's allowed to do that.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think at least he isn't checking out other guys.lol My husband looks but does not touch. He said the sexist thing about me was the fact I am not a jealous shrew who nags him all the time. His first wife was a nutbag. If he even looked the direction of any female she freaked out. He was a good guy and is not a cheater. He did get sick of her and her accusations and dumped her stupid butt. We met a couple years later after he dated a few more nutjobs and was hooked on me. He liked he could just have fun and relax with me. I point out girls and he points out guys to me. We are in love with each other and committed to each other but we are not blind and will notice attractive people. I don't see the big deal. The only people who do have a problem are insecure jealous types that will find themselves ex spouses if they keep it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Men look at women. Women look at men. As long as it's just looking then all should be well.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i never catch my husband looking at women so i once asked him why he didn't. he said that he only had eyes for me. cute right but honestly he said that he felt it would be disrespectful to me and wouldn't want to hurt my feelings. i think some men can control what their actions are and i would agree i think it would be disrespectful to look. i usually point out the women and say wow i like her hair or she is pretty. that is when he looks. i don't think it has nothing to do with being insecure it's just that heck he should have eyes for only you and if he looks at least don't let you catch. i mean really how often do we look at guys. i mean on tv with no shirt on i notice and so would my hubby if a chic was topless in a movie. so why do women say it's ok for them to do when some women don't. it's just the way you have been raised and my hubby had 7 sisters so he is ultra sensitive to women. yet in a whole he is very male.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It has always surprised me that my dh doesn't look at other women when he's with me. He just doesn't. I think maybe it has to do with what a pp mentioned - my dh grew up with 3 sisters and he just respects women in general, men included. Yes, I would think it was disrespectful to me if he looked at another woman when he was with me.

Answer by missanc at 8:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i think i would be scared if he didn't notice the other hot girls walking around shit he aint dead yet can look all he wants just can not touch and trust me i look at guys too its nature too look just need too not act on that lol hell i point at the girls and pick on him going damn is she hot careful i may go tap that lol
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 8:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009