Pregnancy test said yes, doctor said no????

I was on my feet all day friday and saturday I had some light spotting, so I took it easy for the rest of the day. Sunday, same thing. Took a test, it came back positive. I used the first response. So I took another test Tuesday just to be sure and it was also positive. My period is due today (Thursday) but I haven't started it. So I had a dr. appointment this morning and they done a pregnancy test (pee) and it came back negative. HOW does that work?!? Every other time I go in there they stick me and draw blood and the only ONE time they really need to they DONT!! I am so frustrated!!! They told me to come back in a WEEK! REALLY?!?!?!? OMG I have to wait another freakin week! I know I know I sound like a whiny ass but GEEZ! I am ready to know already. They are doing me the most harm cause now I am stressed out about it. They told me it was too early! Then why in the hell did you tell me to come in?! stupid stupid stupid!!!

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry you are so frusterated. It sounds like you really want this baby. Good luck!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• at my doctors office they say dont come in until your period is 2 weeks late. at least at my doctors office, the home pregnancy test is more accurate. can you get a blood test? please dont stress!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yea i took 2 they came out positive so i was sure i was prego cause people told me you cant get a false positive only a false negative. so i went to the doctor and they took blood and it came back negative. i hope this isnt the case for you, i know i was devistated.

good news- 6 weeks later i took another test and it was positive and this time i really am prego
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It is very rare to get a false positive. but not uncommon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• If I were you I would take another home test in the morning. The first pee of the day. If it comes up positive u know u r preg but u may have low hormone levels that sometimes do not show. Are u taking n e meds? did they even give u an ultrasound? next week make sure u ask for an ultrasound just to be safe.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 5:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Sounds like you should try seeing a dfferent doctor. I'd recommend a blood test. Urine tests, especially ones at the hospital and crisis pregnancy centers, are wrong often. For a more accurate result, try a different doctor and a blood test. Doctors have been wrong about pregnancy before. One of my friends was 5 months pregnant, true story..and her doctor did a pelvic and said she was not. Sometimes ya just get bad doctors...sometimes bad urine tests.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I took 3 tests, all positive. Went to the clinic and got a negative on their test. I convienced them to give me a blood test and it came back positive.
    If all the test you've taken came back positive, treat yourself as if you ARE pregnant. Go back to the doctors next week, take theirs again and if it comes back negative, tell them to give you a blood test.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Try not to drink a whole lot before your next appt. If you are really early the hormone can be watered down and not register on the urine test. Ask for a blood test if necessary. Tests do expire and I wonder if just maybe the medical assistants did not trash expired test strips. At any rate my best friend kept getting negatives for like three months and when they finally did an ultrasound guess what they saw. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• This happen to me too. My false positive was from my Creatinine levels being super high. I had kidney failure and had a transplant in 2008. So this was while I was on dialysis, and I took 5 home pregnancy tests which were all positive. The blood test I took at the high risk OB(he delivered both my boys with my lupus and he is the best in the State)and it was positive and negative. The hormone was just high but it was not a positive result. So I have been in a false positive situation before too. I hope everything works out the way you wish it will. I agree with a pp that said don't drink anything the morning you go to have the test cause maybe your drinking too much to dilute the hormone.
    NEMOMOFBOYS

Answer by NEMOMOFBOYS at 11:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2009