Lettting go

How do you let go of someone you truly love but he doesnt want to be with you? He is there for the sex, but thats going to stop too. I am worth more then that. Please give me your advice. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I had this happen when I was younger and the pain is terrible, but sometimes you just have to walk away- I'll admit I walked away and then came back another time or two, but then I fell in love with my husband....there is a good song about that kind of thing it is called "walk away" by Ben Harper and it's on my page if you would like to hear it! Good luck!
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't know.. start going out.. maybe find a male friend to talk to on the phone, go to dinner with, and just hang out with to keep your mind off of it.. Be single and MINGLE!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I am in the EXACT same situation, and I'm just dealing with it day by day. I really fell in love with this man, and it started out as dating but turned into just sex, which is not what I want. I want a relationship and I deserve that too. Like I said I'm just taking it day by day, and the more time that passes I think the easier it will get. It's been over two weeks since I have seen him, and one week today since I talked to him. Good luck, maybe we can encourage each other!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Years ago I was in a similar situation, and as crazy as I was about the guy, I just had to stay away from him. I went out, got involved in things, made sure that I kept myself busy, and eventually I was meeting new people and he didn't matter anymore.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Its hard letting go of someone you love that doesnt love you the way you need to be loved...although going out and distracting yourself from him may seem like a logical answer to your problem its not a solution or advice that I would give to you. Reason being is, for some reason you attracted this man that does not love you the way you want to be loved. He's in it for the sex and that's it...but you have so much more to offer a man but first you have to let go of the vibe that you send out when meeting men in order NOT to find the same type of man you're letting go of. KWIM?
    It takes a lot of strength for us to look into our weaknesses and make them strong but it comes with loving ourselves first and foremost...so fall in love with you and then the next man to come along will not be like the last one...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Thanks for the advice, I am the OP. Anonymous, I would love to be support for each other I need it. I do have a male friend I hang out with and he knows all about this other guy. I know this guy I am trying to stay away from loved me at one time, but that time is gone and I need to move on to someone who loves me for me, not for a piece of ass.
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 6:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Unrequited love sucks but if sex is what the relationship has been based on from the start then it should be expected. This is why we set boundaries from the beginning. If it's not what you want then of course, let go. If you can't let go of someone who doesn't love you back (unrequited love) then you need to work on self esteem. (not bashing) Someone with high self esteem wouldn't allow themselves to stay in a relationship like that.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I just read your last post. Good for you that you have set a goal to find someone who appreciates you and loves you back.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Thanks Admackenzie. I appreciate your advice. And maybe it does have alot to do with my self-esteem. But I deserve more and will get it.
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 6:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• been there done that just walk away and god will take care of you his loss is someones else gain because there is someone outthere for you who will love you for you not just for sex
    SWEETLOU442

Answer by SWEETLOU442 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2009