Do you use used shopping bags as garbage can liners?

I use old plastic shopping bags as garbage can liners in my bathrooms and my mother tells me it's tacky. I think she's just overreacting though.

jennifercalling

Asked by jennifercalling at 4:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• omg!!!! everyday.. i also use them as stinky diaper wrapper upers.. how does she feel about that??? i say go for it..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i use them in my bathroom. and my sd's use them to throw in there worn clothes to bring back to there moms. ( that way dirty isent mixed with clean ) why would i go out and buy small lil trash bags for my bathroom that would cost me say....6.00 when i have ones that are free. and my mom does the same thing and my friends do it too..i think your mom might be the only one who dosent use them lol...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yep, i have a drawer of grocery bags to use as garbage bags, why buy garbage bags when you get them for free at the store? when i have enough in the drawer then i use my cloth grocery bags for shopping, then when i get low i just stop using them.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• and i also use them for stinky diapers..helps hold the smell in lol..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I use them in the trashcans in the bathroom, too. Everyone in my family does, actually. I also use them to separate clean clothes from dirty clothes in the diaper bag

Grocery bags are great!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 4:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I use them for trash can liners. Ahhh, crap now that you've mentioned it I thought of something , about me - that makes NO SENSE. I use grocery store plastic bags as trash can liners, use them for litter box bags - but when I see one stuck on a shrub in a field I feel a little irritated because I'm thinking "that's never going to degrade - and it's gonna be there till the cows turn blue!" - but I voluntarily throw them in the dumpster - good lord, my mother raised an idiot. Anybody got an extra helmet so I won't hurt myself in traffic? LMAO
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I do. Who cares! Garbage goes in there. When you walk into a bathroom do you look at someone's trash can and say "oooohhhh that is a nice trash can?" No lol....so I say do it :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yes and I don't think you are tacky, you are reusing.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yes I do. I have three small Simple Human trash cans and I use plastic store bags for all three. It kind of annoys my husband because Simple Human has the bags that actually fit and then the lids close and you don't see the bag, but I told him too bad. I wasn't going to buy small bags when we have a plethora of shopping bags to use. Once we're out of shopping bags, maybe then I'll buy the ones that actually fit. Not likely to be anytime soon.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• first of all....yes I do use them second of all they are garbage bags !! not shoes that you are wearing with a formal gown for Gods sake!! My philosophy is this ...if you don't like them don't look at them.......IJS

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2009