Cat may be constipated but upon further search on the net i found out it could be UTI also...

How do I tell the difference? I called the vet about being constipated and they said give him Pumpkin... DH and I have given him pumpkin.. still no bowel movement. I dont recall if he has urinated or not though. Anyone know how to tell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pets

• keep the cat indoors and monitor the litter box contents, if you are in a multiple cat household, keep the cat in a secluded room with his own litter tray. offer plenty of water.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Does the cat seem to squat anywhere? Try to get him to drink. It very well could be a UTI and keep an eye on it as it can kill cats.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• No he only squats when I take him outside where he likes to potty. He doesnt cry in pain or anything like that either. He had water today. He has this thing where he will only drink out of a running faucet.. I dont know why? So I turned on the faucet and he drank for a while. When I took him out there was a tiny bit of pee but not a lot and he laid on his side with his leg up and his genitals were kinda twitching? Then he started whining to get into the house.... He has eaten today too... AND had pumpkin twice... Im lost
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• twitching genitals? sounds painful, take him in
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009