If you are a SAHM

Then why is it that you think you are lucky to be or is that the best way to do things? just wondering..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think all stay at home moms are just lazy bitches. j/k
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• for my family it works best. the hubby and i both agree that someone should be home with our child instead of daycare and he is in the military so hes the one that works and i stay home. but either way one of us would have stayed home with our dd. until she starts school then we will both work.
    Anonymous

• I think every family has to make the best decision for themselves. I'm very happy as a sahm, it's been the right choice for our family. My husband also prefers for me to be at home. I did freelance write for years from home, until I started home schooling. Now my boys have all graduated from high school, and I intend to write again, but I am a nester, and I'm happiest at home.

I don't think there's anything wrong with working full time, or part time outside of the home. When women fought for their rights, it should have meant the right to choose what works best for them, we need to stop judging each other and start supporting each other!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Just think it is right for my family. If you don't like being home get a job and put the kids in daycare. I really don't care what others do. I like being home my kids benefit from it and my husband makes 200k a year so how much more money do we really need? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• For my family it is the best thing because my hubby is military, like anon above said, and that way when he is deployed, the kids have someone home with them, someone who can go on school field trips with them, someone who is home to take care of them when they are sick. I am lucky that we can afford for me to stay home with them, and that it is something I enjoy. I do not judge other families though, because for them, having both parents working may be what is best, whether it is for financial reasons or because mom feels the need to have a successful career, either one is fine with me. I think as long as you are raising your kids the best way you know how, and providing for their needs, then you are a good mom whether you are a SAHM or a working mom.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• 200k a year is definitely a lot, you can write us all a check now thanks.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I am a SAHM mom because I feel like the best person to take care of my child is one of his parents. My husband chose to work. I don't miss working at all. I feel like I am giving a gift to my son to be with him everyday.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 5:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

Don't worry Obama can't wait to his his grubby hands on our money. You will probably get some of our money soon if you are on welfare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I would prefer to work frankly but the cash I'd make would just break even w/ daycare here in my city. Overall, I feel its good for my kids though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• For our family-- I feel lucky cause sure if worse came to worse Id have to get a job... But this is what is best for our family.. I want to be there to see my child learn & grow..I dont want someone else to spend 5-8hrs of the most important part of my childs day with someone else..
    For others-- How you raise your family is up to you.. I think if everyone is happy then why not :) some moms need the career world. they dont like being at home that much, ect.. everyone is diffrent! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2009