stir fry

Has anyone made stir fry,if so how do you make it?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• depends on what you're making, rough chop a bunch of vegetables and stir them around in a frying pan with olive oil

if you want meat in it then cook the meat seperately and add to the vegetables.

if you want it saucy, add sauce.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I make a stir-fry at least once a week. I cook rice on the weekends, and keep an assortment of cut frozen veggies in the freezer. I usually just "wing it", but here are a couple of actual recipes:
    Tasty Stir Fry – this is a great recipe that you can adjust based on what you have on hand
    1/2 pound flat noodles (I use whole wheat linguine)
    3 tablespoons oil
    1 small onion, sliced
    1 cup sliced broccoli
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
    1/2 cup sliced bamboo shoots
    1 cup bean sprouts
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon brown sugar
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons dry sherry (you can sub apple cider vinegar, apple juice, beer, etc.)
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 1/2 pounds bean curd (tofu, I use firm or extra firm), cubed
    2 teaspoons sesame seeds
    2 tablespoons cashew nuts
    2 tablespoons green onions, chop

Answer by rkoloms at 5:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Heat a pot of salted water & boil the noodles till tender. Rinse, drain & keep warm on a serving dish. Heat oil in a wok & stir fry onion, broccoli, mushrooms, water chestnuts & bamboo shoots for 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts & fry for 1 minute. Place on dish with noodles. Keep warm. Add a little more oil & fry ginger & garlic for 1 minute. Stir in salt, sugar, soy sauce, sherry & sesame oil. Add bean curd. Fry gently till bean curd begins to brown. Mix together with the noodles & vegetables. Keep warm. Add a little more oil to the wok & fry the sesame seeds, nuts, green onion & pepper till the nuts begin to brown. Use a garnish for the rest of the meal

• Super Quick Stir-fry
    Here is a quick dinner recipe, adapted from Vegetarian times. It takes less than 15 minutes (if the rice is cooked)
    Heat a few chili pepper flakes in olive oil, along with a sliced garlic clove and sliced ginger. Remove the garlic and ginger before they burn. Add onion saute for 1 min. Add 2 diced up baby eggplants and saute for 5 mins (I have used zucchini and broccoli, too). Add red/yellow peppers & mushrooms. Add 2 tbsp each of brown sugar, tamari & vinegar (I didn't have tamari so I used Braggs) and saute 2 more mins. Add fresh basil. Serve over rice (you could use room temperature leftovers) or rice noodles (they are super quick in a pinch). You can also add cubed tofu before serving.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009