screaming

my son will not stop screaming- he just turned 2yrs old in july and he will just out of no where scream at the top of his lungs. Ive tried shushing him and talking to him, ive tried giving him the mama eye and ive tried popping him- nothing seems to be working. It wouldnt bother me so much but i have a newborn in the house now and he always manages to scream the loudest when I finally get the baby to sleep after an hour of crying which of course wakes the baby up and im stuck having to nurse him back to sleep for another hour or so when i couldve been in the shower finally! lol im a little flustered with this so please any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is doing this and she is 13 months old. When she does it, I play a "whispering" game with her. I try not to yell, because that just seems to fuel her and she screams even more. So instead I start talking to her in a whisper, and she'll talk back to me in a whisper.
    Chickpeas

Answer by Chickpeas at 5:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yeah I know the feeling I have two daughters the oldest is 2 1/2 yo and the smallest is 4 mo... so I know your frustration... as far as I know this is part of the terrible (horrible) 2.... I've tried everything, playing, shushing, time out... and nothing seems to work... and it does get on your nerves... I just hope this stage goes through fast!!!
    Avy1930

Answer by Avy1930 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i asked the dr about that he said most of the time they do that its getting there vocal's ready to talk???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my daughter does this, her cousin taught her, and it drives her father CRAZY. he leaves the house and goes to work in the garage. i ignore it. but when im trying to study or something i will put her in her room, close the curtains, turn out the lights, and tell her its naptime. even if she has only been up for an hour. then i close the door and leave her to scream by herself. she will crawl into her bed and go back to sleep. works EVERYTIME. but this is how i have always put her to sleep, for naps or bedtime, so she probably really thinks it is nap time. :) hopefully it keeps working until she is past this hysterical screaming stage
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 8:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My two year old daughter screams like that quite often, in the car and usually when she gets excited about something. What i usually do is wisper to her not to yell and kind of change the subject. I will point out something to her, a game or a passing car or even our cat, and usually she quiets right down.

JCampbell21

Answer by JCampbell21 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009