Odd responce from SO

So this morning my SO had his hand on my belly and the baby kicked right in the middle of his hand. At first he giggled a little and then said "Can I go throw up now?"!! I was like what?! You have got to be joking me?! He's all I always feel nausea when he does that and I always want to throw up when I get nausea.

I don't think I've ever heard this out of anyone before. This wasn't the first time he's felt the baby either, I'm 27 weeks along, he's felt a lot out of this kid! I'm just a little shocked and bewildered by his response I suppose. Has anyone else ever had this or something similar?

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• washe joking...maybe he wanted to mae yo laugh
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My hubby would refuse to touch my belly cause he was so freaked out by it. I would say it is normal for some men, not all.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 5:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• sounds like he was trying to make a joke. just not a very good one. my hubby did the same thing at childbirth class. we watched a video and when it was over, he looked at me and laughed and said "yeah, you won't be able to handle that" I
    I was so mad. Like, thanks for the support honey!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• no. dh didnt really show interested in my belly at all.. And only felt dd move very few times.. i think it all just weirded him out. alot...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My husband was kind of weirded out too, and not just by the baby kicking. He never claimed to be nauseated, but he did tell me several times that there were some things he just didn't want to know or see. He really was fine after the baby was born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Never heard that comment before, my DH always thought/thinks its cool to feel the baby moving around.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I can't say anything about my hubby b/c he LOVES feeling his baby boy...BUT one night I stopped at my parents house and I was telling my parents that when he moves up high it makes me a little queasy and the next day my mom told me that when I said that my dad felt like he was going to get sick, it was like a sympathy pain.

Just maybe a different way to look at it.
    Try asking him why he feels that way.
    jaysonswifey

Answer by jaysonswifey at 6:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my hubby is happy everychance he gets everytime the baby is kickin up a storm my hubby puts his hand on my belly and the baby completly stops kicking the only time he has felt him kick was when my hubby had his head on my belly and he kicked his head and just last nite he was making fart noises with his mouth you knw? and rite as he did the baby kicked him in the mouth. i know it has nothin to do with you question but i just had to share it lol
    maris1192

Answer by maris1192 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yeah my baby won't even kick when my SO puts his hand on me

but i've felt like that sometimes, i'll feel a really weird kick and want to cry because its spooky. he just got grossed out, no big deal.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i would say its normal, my husband does the same thing, he will only touch it if i make him. dont feel bad, its weird to anyone whos not feeling it from the inside/someone whos pregnant and feels it all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2009