why do people try to make it like i over feed my daughter cuz she is big

my daughter is 5 months and 18-19 lbs and people come up to me and ask how old she is .i say 5 month they are like o my god she is so huge what do you feed her you feed her to much

keithamy06

Asked by keithamy06 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Lol I have the same problem with my dd, she actaully used to throw up all of her food because she has gerd. So I was like "um she hardly eats n e thing actually" lol. I like to watch peoples reactions when I said that. People are just busy bodies who are too self absorbed.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 5:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My son was the same way..he was a beast for his age and people used to say the same thing. I just would say that he is a big HEALTHY boy isn't he. I didn't do anything different with my first and he wasn't as big. Don't let people bother you.
    DanielleAllen

Answer by DanielleAllen at 5:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• o btw my dd is 22 month she is 3 foot tall and 31 lbs
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 5:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• wow kirsty shes going to be 6 feet when she's 'fully grown!' (a rule of thumb is take how tall they are when they're 2 and multiply it by 2)

shes gonna be a model :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• lol, I know right! But I was tall like that when I was a baby now I am 5'9 so not quite 6 foot. Also I weighed alot more than her at that age. LOL
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 5:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My son was 18lbs at 6 months but it seems more acceptable to have a "big" boy then a big girl. Most of my comments were that he was going to be a linebacker some day.
    He'll be 8 in about a month and a half and is 4'3" and 65lbs. He's tall and skinny for his age.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My DD is 5 months and weighs 19 lbs, but the doctor said for her length, she's proportional. I'm not worried. My SO said his little sister was bigger than our DD at that age, ate almost twice as much, she's 23 now and is a stick!!!
    I'm not fat and neither is SO, so who cares. I know, I get really sick of the comments too.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 5:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think they mean well. They probably don't realize you hear that all the time and are sick of it. Just smile and when they ask what you feed her say something like "Who knew feeding her steaks all day would make her this big?!"
    I got comments on how big my son is the moment he came out of the womb! The nurses all said "We got a football player here!" as soon as he came out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• people would do the opposite to me. We feed my son Organic and my In laws act like I am starving my child - as if Organic food is not REAL food. He's tall and thin and was never a chubby baby and people always say Oh wow, you should feed him - first of all - he is totally uninterested in eating, I am ALWAYS standing there trying to shove food is his mouth and he eats like a bird all day long though.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• some babies are just big and i have said along the line that wow your baby is huge. i have never said you fed the baby to much but now i won't even say wow your baby is huge. i hope i didn't offend my sil which i never see and just met. her baby has the chunkiest legs but i don't think it's cause she is over fed or anything. actually i heard you take the size they are at 3 and times it by 3 and you get the size they will be as adults.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009