A sleep study for a Toddler! Are you Serious?

My daughter just had an appointment with her ENT to see about getting her tonsils and adnoids removed. He has determined that he will remove her adnoids but is not sure whether to do a partial or full tonsilectomy. So he is ordering for her to have a sleep test. Has anyone had to do this with a toddler? They said I will sleep with her. I have had a sleep test for myself as an adult but no clue how they would adapt it for a 2yr old. Anyone know?

singlemom5481

Asked by singlemom5481 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know but I have a son that still fights EVERY night for up to 30 minutes before falling alseep, same with naptime - He HATES to sleep I swear, luckily he's still in his crib so he has no choice, no calming comforting method out there has worked with this one, but there are ways to do a sleep study, I might get one.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• These tests are done all the time. I would just relax. What they are trying to determine is if she has sleep apnea ( where she stops breathing while asleep). If she has sleep apnea then they do need to be removed. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009