Would you wear black and white a wedding

I have a wedding to go to saturday and it is a beach wedding and far from formal. Most guys are weraing board shorts and the girls are wearing sun dresses. The bride is just wearing a white sun dress and flip flops. Now I found a black and white sun dress that is cute....I need to get your opinion on shouls I wear black and white to a wedding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont see the harm in it. As long as its not super formal since it seems like its pretty laid back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yeah it sounds OK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I thought you werent ever supposed to where white to a wedding? lol unless youre the bride... I dont see a problem with it as long as they dont mind the white
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• the dress is white and black mixed....like almost a off white the white and black balance itself out if you know what i mean
    Jessica8693

Answer by Jessica8693 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I try not to wear either black or white to a wedding. Even if the bride says it's okay. I always feel like white should be reserved for the bride, and black looks like you're going to a funeral, and could be considered a statement. Although I think white with other colors is okay. Black and white together....I don't know.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yes, since it is both colors. Don't forget your sun screne and a pretty shawl
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have worn black to every wedding I've been to I think. I couldn't find any formal dresses that I liked in any other color. I really don't think people care too much about that kinda stuff anymore...and as long as they sundress isn't completely white (which I DO think is kind of weird to wear pure white to a wedding) than I'd say go for it. That tradition is kind of old-fashioned these days.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• There is absolutely nothing wrong with that IMO :)
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 6:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I wore a black and white dress to the last wedding I went to. I didn't get any odd stares.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That is fine, and a lot of the rules about color have changed over the years. Some brides don't even wear white anymore! Have fun!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009