Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where to enroll my 6 yr old for soccer or basketball

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (6)
  • Either with the school or the local recreation department.

    Answer by JeremysMom at 5:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • Check out local churches. They may have an Up Ward Sports Program.

    There are local churches near me that offer; Soccer, Flag Football, Basketball, and Soccer.

    Answer by mom2boys1997 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • My son loves the Upward Basketball program. I really like that all of the kids get equal playing time regardless of skill and that they stress having fun and improving yourself rather than on winning. I think you may be able to google Upward and then find out if there's one in your area.

    Answer by missanc at 8:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • the YMCA or Parks and Rec.

    Answer by slw123 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • most schools have these sports or contact your local YMCA

    Answer by justgrape723 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • Try your local YMCA or Recreation Center to begin with...that will be cheaper.

    Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 1:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.