Should I be mad?

My bf went out to hooters with some friends, he told me that he needed a break from Hayden. Hayden is 2 months and he had gotten his shots earlier that day and was fussy all night. I ask him to stay home and help with him and said that he was going out just to show me he can. He barely ever gets up with Hayden and I buy his formula and support him. My bf doesnt even work, neither do I, but I have to stay home and keep Hayden cause I feel that he won't. Is whole life is a break, I think Im the one who needs a break.

BarbCall

Asked by BarbCall at 5:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to talk to him. If no one is working then how are you making it? He needs to grow up and be a man. Men don't leave when someone needs them. I suggest that you have a talk and get to the bottom of the issues b/c if there is resentment between the two of you then you can't raise a well adjusted child.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That's part of being the mom, sorry. We very rarely get breaks and it's our responsibility to be there for our children. The BF/SO/DH usually will not understand until the child gets older. It sounds like he is doing this out of spite...that is a red flag for your relationship.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• if hes a loser and wont support his family why would u want to be with him? Parenthood is hard, there is not many breaks. I stay at home and never expect or ask DH to help. Ive taken the house and kids on as my only 'job'. but if my dh was a loser like that, id leave his ass and do it on my own
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• neither work but you have a child & he can afford Hooters? This is why we don't get knocked up by idiots. We wait and fall in love with a man who can take care of us or we can take care of ourselves, marry and plan children with men who want them. Think about that b4 u have more unwanted children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• If my SO were like that I'd leave him.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• 2 months and both you are already complaining? Welcome to parenthood
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well, now you know why he's your BOYFRIEND and not your husband.

You have about 18 more years like this ahead of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009