Nora-Be

My doctor just gave me these BC pills because i'm breastfeeding. Anyone else take these? I'm just kind of curious about them. The only other kind of BC I used before was the Ortho-Evra patch..and I didn't have any side effects, so i'm wondering if this is different? ALSO, my doctor (i am like 99% sure) said I could start taking them right away because I probably won't get my period, but the pharmacist seemed to be baffled about that. Maybe just a clueless pharmacist?

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 6:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i took a low hormone BC pill when i was Bfing
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Nora be is just a mini pill. It contains NO estrogen. I took it after my first. It won't affect your period. Your BFing will be the deciding factor in that. With my first I wasn't given a script for it till my postpartum visit at 6 weeks. With my second I was given a script right away and told to start in 2 weeks (but that lady is an idiot). But there is no reason that I know of that would make it so you shouldn't start now.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It is a version of the minipill and should be safe while nursing, just start them when you want to. take them the same time everyday no matter what and know they are not effective as well once baby starts solids or nurses less.

I don't trust anything with hormones at all and have had 2 Paragard IUDs, they were great and I was able to get pregnant after the first just fine, on my first cycle of TTC after the secondone.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I took those after I gave birth and docs usually give them if u r breast-feeding because they are the only ones that are safe to take there also called "miny pills".
    nattie123

Answer by nattie123 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2009