Newborn's skin chaffing a lot

Her hands and feet are still really dry and flaky and I have been putting a lot of Aquaphor on them. I understand the hands because she sucks on them all the time, but the feet, weird... Also, her face gets flaky I think from rubbing up against my arms and stuff when she is nursing. Has anyone else experienced this with a newborn, and did it go away? By the way she is only 12 days old

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is normal in a newborn and it really has nothing to due with her sucking...just keep puttin on the cream...it will go away.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• This is completely normal. All newborns go through it. Its just thier skin adapting to the new enviroment. It isn't hurting them. It isn't sore or dry. You don't even really need to put on the cream. But, if you really want to, vaseline works very well too.
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 6:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My little guy had the same thing for about two weeks. He's three weeks now, and for him it was because he was 9 days late. My mom said that my sister and I (both two weeks late) also had that happen and it'll clear up, promise :)!!! It'll go away on it's own, even without any cream or lotion. You might notice some of her hair fall out too if she was a week or so late. That happened to me as a baby lol
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My baby has it too. She's 17 days old now and it still hasn't gone away.
    ashwa

Answer by ashwa at 12:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2009