What to do!?!?!

My two year old son is out of control he throws himself on the floor and crys when he doesn't get his way. Nothing seems to work!! What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ignore him when he does that. He's throwing a temper tantrum because he's getting attention from it.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yep ignore it. Don't add fuel to fire so to speak. Now if he's hurting himself that's a different issue, but a basic tantrum ignore it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• mine is doing this same thing....especially when i'm driving!!!
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 7:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Ignore it. If he doesn't stop in 5 minutes or so then put him into time out so he can realize that behavior isn't acceptable and he will absolutely not get what he wants by kicking and screaming. Tell him to tell you nicely what he wants, and if it's something he can't have offer him a different choice. "No you cannot have a cookie right now but how about we either watch a movie or choose a different snack?" =)
    Aplatel87

Answer by Aplatel87 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yea, my 18 month old started doing this a few months ago, we started ignoring it and she'll stop after like 30 seconds anymore usually. Granted, she's also about to have a sister in 8 days, so I think that is affecting her lately, so she throws a fit a little longer.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 8:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009