so this baby i'm sitting one day a week. i have concerns

today is the first day i am watching her and noticed few things that concern me. one her mother doesn't feed her anything but a bottle with cereal or just formula. which wouldn't be an issues accept that she is 14 months old. feeding her regular food once a wk is all i can do. also the poor baby is always trying to scratch herself. especially down below. her clothes are filthy and it made me gag when i pulled her pants off to change her. i posted ealier about her screaming or crying when i tried to have her nap. found out that she never sleeps alone but with mom and pa and brothers and sisters so mystery solved on that one. i was helping this lady out by swapping house cleaning with baby sitting. i got bashed for not cleaning my own house. i do but it's hard when i have the shortness of breath or blood rushing to head when doing baths or toilets. i'm short and have big babies. last one being 9'3 anyway i would prefer to cont'

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• If her clothes are that dirty I would wash them and tell her mom she had a diaper leak or something! There is no reason for a baby to have to sit in filth. Maybe sneak the kid some gerber puffs or something every now and then. LOL!! I don't know!! That or just come out and ask the mom if she is going to introduce solids soon just for your information so you can be prepared for it!! Just put the thought in her head.
    kristyn165

Answer by kristyn165 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• befreind the lady and help her out with her baby rather then call cps. do you think i have a concern? or am i'm ultra picky. i just feel a she should be fed the right foods for her age as she doesn't look like a 14 month old but rather a 9 month or even less. would it be offensive if i washed the baby clothes, could it be they have no food for the family i don't know her issues so i don't want to judge but my concern light is blinking. help what would you do?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Who bashed you? The mother you are trading services with or someone on here?

Also, I think I would be concerned that the toddler isn't eating. Are you sure the mother isn't feeding her or does the mother just expect you to provide food and you are making the assumption that she only provides formula at home as well? Just trying to get more insight into the situation.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't think cps will come if she's feeding the child, has dirty clothes and sleeps with ppl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• some ladies on here saying i should get off my butt and do my own house work etc as if i'm lazy. it was all i had to exchange with her to help her out. plus if it helps me out too why not. YES she told me that is all she feeds her cause i asked her what foods she liked to see if i had anything or if i had to get some. she admitted she cheated with just the cereal plus formula and that is all she feeds her. i was shocked to hear that. to me she is not getting the vitamins needed.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• define what you mean by her clothes made you gag? like how filthy are we talking?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• well i would never be this sensitive but i'm pregnant. they are just black on the bottom and then her shirt is stained with a layer of filth that seems like they just plucked the clothes off the dirty floor or something. she has a hint of i don't know how to say it but like dirty smell. she also doesn't crawl or walk. she is literally like a baby. no babbles or words.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• this is sad, please call CPS
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 6:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Okay...she's on formula, so she is getting her needed nutrition, but she should be able to eat food at 14 months.

She should not be that dirty, that's for sure. That would be of great concern.

If you can't clean a tub and toilet once in a while, how can you chase after a 14 month old? I'm not bashing...But to me chasing a toddler would be much more difficult a job, than the 10 minutes it takes to clean a tub and toilet. (for the record, I'm all for swapping services!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• She should not be on formula anymore because she's over a year old, which is good because formula is expensive and they seem poor
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 7:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009