does you LO pretend to read?

my son is 15 months and i read to him (almost) every night, and hes so funny he takes the book and flips the pages and speaks giberish while pointing at the pictures and words. i have 3 books but he prefers Dr Suess Hop On Pop

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 6:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my DS does this! He loves to do it. Sometimes, he'll pretend to read, look at me & laugh, like he just made a joke!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 9:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• No but she pretends to sing everything.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yes, it's cute huh?
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yeah he was just doing it and the book was upside down i thought it was hilarious :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My twins do it all the time! We give them each their own book at story time, and you can hear them "reading" from another room. They also have books in the car that they like to read. My girl throws in more real words, but one day my boy was reading very loudly, "D. D. D. D." as he pointed at each page. It is SO CUTE!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yeah, she reads to her lil brother. is funny
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my daughter likes to read empty notebooks. she's such a little weirdo! she won't read her books, just my empty notebooks for my college courses. she loves it, she laughs and screams happily and even calls me to her and shows me the empty pages and reads to me lol
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 8:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yep all three of my girls will sit together each with a book 'reading' my oldest is actually reading, middle is looking at pictures and youngest is gibbering away in her own little language and making up her own story.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My son does it. . . It is funny. He has some parts memorized by the picture so you hear "jibber jibber stuck jibber jibber jibber honey" (winnie the pooh) The first time I heard him I laughed so hard.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yes, DD does that. She's 2 1/2. It's cute, I love it.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2009