Babysitting rates

How much would you charge an hour to babysit a 2 year old and 3 month old 5 hours a day, 3 times a week? I was offered but it's not definite yet. I live in Long Island, New York if it makes a difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you kindly.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mmm. I would probably charge about $13-$15 an hour. I guess it also counts if you're going there or they're coming to you as well. But that's what I would charge for 2 wee ones.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I forgot to say they'd be coming to my house. Sorry.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well.. if you're going to be feeding them - then I'd have it be the same.
    You can also check out Childcare under Craigslist in your area and see what people are charging and kind of adjust accordingly.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Call daycares around the area and see how much they'd charge. Charge $50 less than that. I would never pay $15 a hour
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009