Christians, can you pray for my church?

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2

Please pray that God would begin to move again at our church, and that sin and worldliness would stop running so rampant in our membership and leadership.

I want things to go back to how they used to be, when we all loved Jesus and wanted to follow Him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I will pray for Revival Fire to hit the core being of your church... it starts with you... repentance, forgiveness then revival.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm not Christian, but i will certainly pray for your church. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Of course I will. I do not go to church myself, but I read/pray and worship at home. Some back ground so I know what to include?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Without sounding catty and I really do not want to sound that way...
    I just want to say that when we realize that WE ARE THE CHURCH and that no denomination is the church then we can move beyond the way that men and women work and operate in a building with a name attached to it.
    I do not answer to man or man's ways and we belong to no denomination; we belong to God.
    I will pray for your congregation; that they will leave behind the things that are corrupt in this world. Unfortunetly more and more Christians are blending the world, paganism, ego, self serving, & homosexuality among other things that are not of God into their denominations.
    Do not look to the pastor or the congregation for God; many have taken other gods and think that it is OK with God our Savior.
    Look to God. Fast and pray for the deliverance that is needed in the sick church of today.
    Want time to be with God? Find an assembly that still speaks Jesus.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I will pray for your church......God move on your people :).
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My church is going through the same thing at the moment. I sat back and watched others in the church who formed "friendships" that excluded anyone else. They also seemed to have all the control in the church...regardless of the matter at hand.
    My family and I just left this church to see if maybe we are needed to serve elsewhere. It's been a struggle for us all, because the old church holds so many dear and precious memories for us. But, I think God has to "move" us to do His work sometimes.
    I'll pray for your church....Please pray for mine. God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• it's great to have faith that prayer changes things but it's their free will to act as they do and i'm sure that the lord doesn't mess with free will. hopefuly in time they will change but you could be praying for yrs as some parents do with children who have gone a stay. i would just go find another church that is not so easily led astray.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I would have to disagree with the previous answer this happened in my church 2yrs ago and I was ready to flee but I knew the church was where I was called 2yrs later we have a new pastor which we have had for a yr now but things are awesome we are seeing revival and we have a unity I have never experienced in church before there is a great revival coming to America and so be prepared God can and will bring revival to your church again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2009