Compelled by a Controlling Spirit?

Are you being swept up in the fallout of another person (or persons) being controlled by one with a controlling spirit, and you are being affected by it by no fault of your own? Or you may be recovering from bondage in your past that makes it difficult for you to trust other people now because at one time you were under a controlling spirit? Oppression is the cruel or unjust use of power or authority, and that is in all walks of life, not just the religious path. Are you finding yourself compelled to action(s) by a controlling spirit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Where did the OP mention that she was a Christian?
    No where; so I am wondering why witchqueen jumped on the wagon and started pointing out the Christians.
    Must be the seer part in her.
    I am just not seeing it or feeling it.

bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 12:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No. I don't believe in controlling spirits.

I do feel like I'm at the mercy of the chemical imbalance in my brain, though. Totally different subject.

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Ummm no. I don't believe in all that. We are all responsible for our own actions/behaviors.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• If you fear being controlled. This can be as controlling as actually being controlled. People who fear being controlled have a difficult time in discerning the difference between natural authority and un-natural control. If you are willing to compromise your values to try to please another person.
    If you "hide" or "run away" from a problem rather than confronting the controller over the situation. People who are controlled often feel they are too "weak" to confront the person controlling them and in their weakness will try to "hide" or "run" away from the problem.

In reality we do not have to allow the control to take over us.
    No thing and no person can have that on us unless we allow it.

bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• nope free from that spirit long ago... was in a church that had it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• have to agree with 2autisticsmom..and probably bloodbought, too.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• sorry, I don't believe in controlling spirits.

and beyond that, I'm not really sure what your asking for (if your implying demonic haunts, or something different, etc).

because going by the wording, it sounds pc.. and although I respect that, I'm not sure what angle your looking for.. if your questioning the existence of a more "demonic" or controlling spirit, or if your questioning how it controls you, or if your asking because you yourself are experiencing issues.

Personally I think any controlling spirit is more of a reflection of oneself. Which would be more poltergeist. If you PM me and explain further, I would be happy to talk to you however.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yeah, my Mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm not, but I get the feeling that CM Q & A Forum is sometimes. It definitelyhas been {oppressively controlled} this past week. LMAO!

I couldn't resist ...

laughing

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 8:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't believe that a spirit can control us unless we grant permission. But I find that this is a very convenient excuse for christians who wish to AVOID taking responsibility for their own actions. That old "devil made me do" excuse went out with the 70's. Grownups take the credit--or the blame--for their OWN actions.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2009