Do you have a back to school tradition?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in

• Yes the day they go back to school, when they leave the house. I jump up and down and scream YES FINALLY THEY ARE GONE.   Then go back to bed and sleep tell noon.

Answer by louise2 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yes, we do. I make a special breakfast - this year it's chocolate chip pancakes and maple wood bacon. I make them special lunches and tuck back to school cards in their lunch boxes. Then I make them the dinner of their choice (we pick it out ahead of time so I know what to shop for) and hubby comes home with a back to school ice cream cake from Carvel's. This year is the start of middle school for our oldest and Pre-K for our youngest.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• We usually have a big dinner the Sunday before I start my semester because two weeks after my daughter goes back to school.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 9:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well kind of. The first weekend after school starts we have a fun back to school weekend. We used to go to the fair but this year we can't afford it so instead we are having a little party. We are having a hude cookout and a huge jello war (I'm going to make Jello and we are going to throw it at each other). I can't wait I'm so excited because the kids do not know about the Jello war. I'm just going to walk out and attack them with it. We are also doing water balloons.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Learning how to go to bed before 10 the week before school starts.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well, just imagine what the kids want- THEY WANT TO SHOP so I take them exactly one week be4 and one week after school starts. the sales are ridiculous and worth every dollar I save doing it.
    MoneySaverMoms

Answer by MoneySaverMoms at 4:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yes, our homeschool group hosts a "Not back to school" breakfast and co-op play date on the first day of public school...which opens up the year for our homeschool group activities.
    Arianna

Answer by Arianna at 1:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2009