If there are any Brazilian mamas I have a question…

I assume that out of all the mothers on here there must be someone from Brazil or that speaks Brazilian Portuguese. I’m looking for a video that teaches a child Brazilian Portuguese. My husband is Brazilian and has looked on the web for things but he can’t find anything. All we can find is Portuguese from Portugal and that’s not what we want. We have a two year old that needs to learn it she knows some words but my husband works a lot so he does not have the time to teach her. We are going to Sao Paulo and Minas Gerais in December and not only will it help her but it will help me. I was hoping there would be something similar to Dora. I doubt it but what hoping. Thanks

BabayBella

Asked by BabayBella at 7:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (-12 Credits)
  • The two of you should speak it when he's around. She'll pick it up just by hearing it. You can teach her as well as you learn...it doesn't have to come from him.

Get a dictionary and start with at least words. He can help with phrases and sentences (grammar) when he is around.

Better than nothing...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Me speak it. LOL. I don’t. I’m not good at it and don’t pronounce anything the way I should but I do try. That is a good idea though. We can say what we do know more often though. Thanks.
    BabayBella

Answer by BabayBella at 7:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm running into your same problem... DH speaks Czech and I have no idea! We're wanting to teach our daughter (who is 21 mos) but I can't roll my "r's" and can't find the time to do this on my own! He calls me from Iraq and teach me what "how are you?" or other phrases like that are pronounced. It's helping me learn, but not helping her! His goal is to get me able to understand and eventually we will both learn enough that we can go an hour without speaking English (or french or spanish) and sign to eachother so she can learn faster!

We've looked for videos, I KNOW they are out there! Dh's son is from the Czech Republic so we will be asking them for the videos... since your DH is from there, he might have to type the search in Brazilian Portuguese and then get kids videos and play them all the time! Pretty much, the more you hear it, the faster you can catch on! GL!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:25 AM on Aug. 14, 2009