Have any of you gotten this White House email?

Its too many words to post, but here's the link to the info about the healthcare reform: http://www.whitehouse.gov/realitycheck/71/?e=11

I personally am for nationalizing healthcare, but I admit that I haven't heard a lot of factual information from the opposing side. I would very much like to get a well-rounded perspective and would like to get feedback from people who don't support all or elements of the bill for FACTUAL reasons. If Fox News is your source, don't hit reply!! I really just want to gather information and I know I can't be the only one, so if you have any educational information, please feel free to share it!

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 7:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think this WH email is bunch of crap when

1. The president has not read ANY of the bills...so what is he pushing for people to agree with?

2. The WH is trying to limit what info Repubs can send to the their constituents

3.  I don't think the WH needs to go to this level....Really??WH spam mail?  Thats a little degrading for the office!

As for the rest of your Question...I think the most worrisome things in ALL the bills being presents is all the BS buried in the multitude of pages that NOBODY is reading!  Not to mention if the dems get their way and push this through 2 hrs before the vote they will tack on 600 more pages of BS.  They seem to be under the impression that the last election gave them a mandate to do whatever they wanted and a reason to ignore ANYONE who disagrees!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yes. ... There is no way to make a reply.

Once again, if they want to discuss the truths or myths about the bill, they MUST start QUOTING the sections of the bill they are talking about.

The way they handle it - a long string of assertions with NO references to the bill - there is no intelligent discussion possible. Following their lead, I could claim that the bill guarantees a unicorn in every back yard.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• YES!!! I have ALWAYS wanted a unicorn...WOO HOO!!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• First of all the white house letter is full of crap and is opposite of what my state Representative,  just e-mailed me....I will be keeping my eyes wide open to where the truth is.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I know what you all mean- but pretty much every bill ever has included a ton of crap for kickbacks, favors, lobbyists etc. It sucks and I hate it but that's america for you- land of the capitalist. I don't think this bill is any different, including the part about people really reading them. Nobody read Bush's or Obama's tax bailout, so it goes for both sides. But isn't there some sort of factual breakdown that is...well as nonpartisan as these things can be? I don't understand why the media wouldn't want to put the honest facts, both good and bad out there so we could have a real discussion on the issue instead of fear mongering and pandering to the ignorant. ps. when word gets out about the unicorns, they'll be calling you!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• How do you know Pres. Obama hasn't read the bill? At the start of the process--when the first draft was trotted out--he said he hadn't read it YET. How do you know with such surety he hasn't read it at all? You don't--it is just your ignorance talking. So, shut up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• would you be willing to forward me that email? I'd love to read what it says!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• hey calm down anon 7:32. you could have said that a million other ways that would have a lot more polite and frankly reflect better on you than the way you did. I really want this to be a positive discussion. There is zero need for drama.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/health-care-fact-check/

I like this site because they consider both sides very fairly--if something deserves to be skewered, it is.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 8:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I did from Axelrod. Pisses me off.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009