I have a toothache, but it's not my teeth. Any thoughts?

I went to the dentist today and he said everything looks fine. My tooth (2nd to last molar upper right) hurts (but it's not sensitive to hot or cold) and the molars (the same ones on the other three sides) hurt, as well. What the heck could it be?

bhwrn1

Asked by bhwrn1 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Health

• sinus issues. Your (couldn't spell this for the life of me) estacian tube runs from your ear, around your jaw area and down. If you have any ear infections or sinus infections its very easy to confuse this pain with tooth pain. Its also why you can't trust that its your baby's ears that are hurting if she tugs on them. There are probably other reasons but a family physician would be best to evaluate you. I'm just sharing my personal experience.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I agree, sinus problems.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I once called my dentist, insisting that I had a horrible and sure that I would need an emergency root canal. He took a x-ray, and showed me where my swollen sinus was pressing against the nerve.
    Take an anti-imflammatory, like ibuprofen.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2009