What to do?

I have had a huge problem picking out a name for my unborn baby. Before I knew I was pregnant I had a girl name picked out not knowing it was so darn popular so when I found out I was pregnant, I still loved the name but I tried to pick a different one because of the popularity issue. I have a boy name I like which I think we will keep if it is a boy. And I thought of a few girl names I like, but it doesn't feel like MY baby. I feel like I know its going to be a girl, and I feel like (if it is) she would be perfect with the first name I chose. I don't want to give my child a hugely popular name, but I have a bond with my child with this name. Should I keep the name despite the popularity or change it and have a weird feeling the whole time... And more than likely regret my decision later?

LucasMama08

Asked by LucasMama08 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you LOVE it then you should name your child that name...because it is your favorite name, no matter how popular it is...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• what name do you have picked out??
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 8:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It doesn't matter how popular a name is...if you LOVE it, then name your child that. My son's name is Logan and it's a popular name but I don't care cause I love it and it fits him!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 8:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yep, I agree.
    Who cares if it's popular? It's YOUR baby's name... and that just means it'll stay popular/classic, and won't be a weird fad - like when celebrities started naming their kids after fruits and stuff. xD
    If you're that attracted to that name, and just can't get over it... I say go for it!!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Just use it if you like it. If it's popular, she can get stuff with her name on it. How fun is that!!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• If you truly love the name go with it.
    I wanted to name my daughter Addison but I didnt like how popular it was so we went with Kennedy. I am super happy with my choice, but might use Addison next time lol
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I say go with the original name. Just like GinaPetty, I named my youngest son Logan but it was because my husband wanted one of his boys named after him and I wasn't doing the IV so we named him after my husband's favorite comic book character (Wolverine). It's the perfect name for him. I couldn't imagine him having another name. Go with what you think is best.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2009