What would you do?

If your husband thought it was okay just to live on unemployment sit on his ass most of the time only work a side job 5 times a month, okay with paying the rent late every month, let the rest of the bills go until you are 3 months late, and says he does more than you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• is this my daughter? LOL Remember, there is a recession on and unemployment is at an all time high so many ppl are out of work. Encourage him to keep looking but also remind him the money will run out and his party will be over soon.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• leave him
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'd say he's in a deep depression or you might need to rethink your marriage. I'm sorry I had to say that and I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope it works out for you both.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• id kick him in the nuts
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Op here! I am really considering on leaving since I offered to go get conselling about 10 times and everytime he says I need it not him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• wow, it's the man's job to support and take care of his family and he's just a big ole lazy ass that needs to get up off the couch and get a damn job!!! If he can't get up and find a job, leave him for awhile and then see what he does. I wouldn't sign divorce papers just yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Sounds like my ex - which is part of why he's my ex. But don't count on child support since he doesn't work now, he's not going to work when you leave.

Answer by missanc at 8:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my aunt married a guy like this. over 30 years, he just totally destroyed her self esteem and her values. now, she's just as complacent as he is. They take money from my 80 year old grandparents, their kid has babies by two women- one was a one night stand AFTER the first accidental pregnancy and he also took a loan out from my grandparents and never paid it so they had to or else lose their house. She cleans houses and works at walmart and he is a "consultant" aka unemployed. You don't want to end up like this. Its funny how before you're married you think you'd only leave a guy if he was abusive or cheats...but then you realize that marriages take more thant fidelity and not beating each other. He needs to be a man- don't get sucked down by that junk
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• so he is actively not looking for work and taking advantage of the system. humm i don't know what to tell you but i think you'd be happier back at home with your parents for awhile. it's just going to get worse in your going to be stuck in the middle. some men don't grow up some do but he needs an incentive it sounds like. so i would do what anon 8:13 said. i mean what else can you do and i don't see how you could pay for counseling even if he wanted to go. it sounds as if you may of picked a rotten guy to marry. so sorry!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i would say think things threw and see if its worth saving and stay and also do for my self why let someone else do for u what u can do for self take care of self and the kids when cooking food cook for u and them when cleaning clean up your things and kids when washing laundry wash just yours and kids lol
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 8:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2009