Has anyone ever lost...

a pet cat or dog? did you ever find it and if so how was it found and how long after it went missing?

My cat is still lost/missing and it's been about 10-days and she is loved and missed so much! Her name is Precious all white female cat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pets

• You can also check your local shelters to see if she's been picked up by animal control.

Good luck in finding your kitty.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• :( yeah usually after a couple days they're gone for good.

ask all the neighbors, hang signs, go on drives, post on craigslist
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I lost my dog> He got hit by a car, but ducked real low....then just ran for it. I couldn't find him anywhere and was soooo worried, then a week later he came home with just a small, but deep, cut on his nose. Also lost my cat for a little longer than a week ( she was an outdoor cat but usually came home everyday). She came back and i swear someone ws feeding her the whole time because she looked fat. LOL.

Anywasy do what she^^^^ said too, and Good Luck.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I didnt lose any animals they ran away...LOL
    One cat when I was like 10 or so. His name was patches and we never let him rome around outside so i think the one time he got out he got lost or just didnt come back
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i havel ost a cat before i let him outside and he never came back. really dont know if he ran away or was taken.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Before my cat passed away I lost her a few times.. she would zoom out the door but I had her microchipped, twice i got her from the shelter and once a woman found her and called my number which was on her name tag.. If you didnt take any security measures most likely cats wont come back.. however, if you live out on open land eventually they might come back if they get hungry...
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 9:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• put her litter by yoiur front door. i have lost many cats and yeah after i time i loose hope. sorry to hear she has not come back. my dogs get out about every wk and they always either come back or someone found them. just like last night my kids came home. apparently didn't close the door all the way which happens often as i mentioned and it was bed time. so as i was going up stair i noticed door open and knew my dogs were gone. at 12:44 we got a call. hey i have your great super loved friendly dogs. i couldn't get back to sleep.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My aussie (dog) was a scaried cat. Any loud noise or rain storm and she's run off. We had to keep finding new ways to keep her in the yard. Sometiems she's squeeze through the gate while it was shut, sometimes under the chain lenght fence. IF I was home, at the first sound, I could find her at the front door. But if I wasn't home, she'd keep moving. 3 or 4 times someone called after they found her just a few hours later. One time she was gone for 2 weeks. I was sure she was gone forever. But then we got a call and I got my doggie back. We ended up doing an eletric fence after that and make sure she was inside if we knew a storm was coming or fireworks. She came home with an ear infection and something that cuased her eye to set back into her head just a touch. She lost her vision in that eye and it changed colors. Vet thinks she might have been nicked by a car or kicked by someone. But she made it home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2009