man at grocery store........(kinda long)

I had the strangest thing happen to me today. Me and my girls went to the grocery store to get a few things. Well I only had like $40 on me until tomorrow (when i get paid) so i was like we are just getting necessities until tomorrow.While I was standing in line a guy got behind us..the line was taking awhile. Anyhow the woman rung up my things and told me how much it was. Like $28...i was like thats not bad. The guy behind me said I will pay for yours for you..i thought he was joking so i laughed and said SURE! Uhm he was serious! He told the lady ring his up with mine..i was like no thank you..that is not necessary..said it a few times...well all was said and done and the lady gave me my money back..i was like sir let me pay you back..he said no...the lord told him to do it..if i had a problem with it talk to the lord..he told him to do it.............i am so whelmed right now! what do you think??

momnc28341

Asked by momnc28341 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think it was from God and im sure you praised him for it. in the bible it says the man who gives freely is provided for and blessed nd the man who does not is in poverty. dont worry wherever God guides he provides. Amen
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 12:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think that is wonderful. Maybe he saw that you were stressed out or something, some people have very good insight. Its nice to know that there are still kinda people out there. :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think he was trying to be generous.
    Pay it forward.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Take the $28 and donate it to your local food back.

Answer by louise2 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'd say just be appreciative (which it sounds like you are!) and pay it forward... next time you're at Starbucks, pay for the next person in line's coffee, or something. Or just stash the $ in your glove compartment for an emergency, you won't miss it since you would have spent it anyway!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• think that was nice of him. that happened to my sister once with a pack of diapers. sometimes money comes ur way in a different light like someone doing a deed like that.
    pan787

Answer by pan787 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That is very nice!! I think God did tell him to help you out. I believe that you should take this experience and pay it forward. Do something nice for someone else! Anytime I am blessed with something by someone doing something small or big for us I like to give or do something for someone else! It makes me feel great!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• wow i could sure use some help like that. that was cool. if your not in real need of the money like we would be then pay it forward like someone jsut did for you!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• it was very nice! ive never had anyone do anything like that for me.. he said god told him i am going through a hard time right now and have alot going on...(which is true) and to help me out..i am so overwhelmed....i would love to do that for someone like he did!
    momnc28341

Answer by momnc28341 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think thats a very nice man. Its nice when people think outside themselves and help another. Way it should be.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009