Do any of you even care?

Your kids are first and foremost your kids.
They are not your friends, they are not guests in your home, they are your children.

Most of what I've seen on this board is parents dealing with spoiled brats because they can't handle having a child, it has to be a smaller bit of company.

Compromising with your kids? That works in scripted TV. That works when you want a bratty child, have fun with them walking all over you.

Do any of you actually take your role as parent seriously? My mom was like you, when I was 15 she 'compromised' with me between smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol. She also compromise with me about either going out and getting high, or buying me condoms and letting my bf come over.

Now, 20 years later I realize how I pushed her to it because I whined and cried for my way and she, like many of you, didn't have the backbone to parent.

Suck it up, you gave birth to them, now discipline them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• WHo the heck are you talking to?? I know for DAMN sure.....what you just described is nothing like me or anyone else i know......??!?!?!??!!!!

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Apparently then you haven't been on this board for very long :'(

It's what I see in about 85% of the posts on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Your opinion not mine.

Answer by louise2 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• haha, I get what your saying I dont have a teen of my own, I am a teen...I might be getting custody of my cousin due to unfortunate circumstances and I'll be letting this soak in before I get her.

I didnt birth her but she will be respectful in my house or im sending her back to her moms and I know she doesnt want that.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Idk....i try not to pay attention to th BS. The people i have spoken to on here seem like nice, loving parents, as they should be. Just remember that everyone had different parenting styles, just because they are different then yours doesn't make them wrong. I know some of us drink when our children are in bed, and there is nothing wrong with that. As for me, I choose to smoke, but i am not a bad parent because of it. I do NOT smoke around my kids. JMO

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I completely agree.

Ive made bad choice on my marriages (2) but my children (4)are great. Not perfect but great.
    NO compromises...wrong is wrong!

But right should be treated with the same equal respect rather than taken for granite. That way they know the difference....so far so good. 3 of the 4 kids are grown, educated, successful & seems to be happy. The 4th is following right behind her 3 older syblings. Thank you LORD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• o btw her household is ran exactly like u deescribed so im a bit worried about taking her in because I know she is a little devil to her mom and her mom allows it

I guess I will have to lay down the rules early...oh gosh, she's 14, not much younger than me, i hope she can shape up her attitude before she gets here
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Just from one post on here tonight..

The one rule I gave her she broke --trying to decide how to punish her daughter after she blatantly broke a rule and then basically bragged to her about it--
    Leads to: I think maybe you are right. I am overreacting.

"She is going to want to do what her friends do and you just need to make her understand how to make the right decisions."
    No! Why don't you step up, parent, and actually WATCH your freaking kids for a change! Instead of saying they're going to do what they want to do regardless, that's what you say about friends and people you have no control over! Hate to tell you all this, but until they're 18 you have EVERY right over them, their actions and what they do! There's no,"she'll do what she wants," that's not parenting! That's "barely guiding"!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• ok i havent been on much but wow i missed something... i have a backbone i tell my kids no and stick to it, i taught them right from wrong and manners, i talked to them about being safe and being smart i am a parent not a friend but they can talk to me when they need to. i never slept at a boyfriends house ( wasent allowed to ) and i know no matter what my kids say i will not allow them to and i do check up on my kids to make sure they are were they say they are and they know i do and will. i ground and stick to it i dont cave u do the crime u pay the time. but thats me...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Too all of you posting "Well, that doesn't happen in my house,"

Why are you even here? Obviously, if you have a backbone and actually parent your children this isn't directed at you.

This is to the ones who feel the overwhelming need to bow themselves before their terrors, cater to nearly every beck and call they command and then whine about no matter how tough a "parent" you are ______ is still a holy hell! To which your friends in a similar predicament say,"Well, they'll do what they're going to do! Best just let them do it and hope you taught them right when they were 3."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2009