How can I rinse my daughters hair, in the bathtub, with minimal water in her face?

My daughter is 7 months old and fights me when I tilt her head back to rinse her hair. Its not the soap that bothers her, its just the water in her face. She LOVES the bath otherwise and I would hate for this to change that. Any tips?

lilmommy1020

Asked by lilmommy1020 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I put my left hand over the baby's forehead and used the hose thingie from the shower (they have them that hook on to faucets, too, with the other hand. You could also use a cup and pour water over. To position my hand, I spread my thumb as far as I could, and put my forefinger and thumb tightly against the forehead.

Answer by Bmat at 8:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• they sell this special cups at walmart. in the baby sectio. they are blue
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• dang anyone i got the same question myself lol
    1andonlysarissa

Answer by 1andonlysarissa at 8:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i tried the cup thing didnt work for me so i did the tried and true face cloth just use it as a sweggy (sp) and with the cloth go from front of fourhead to the back no water in eyes..but just in case always have a towel handy in case a dribble gets near the eyes your coverd. good luck....i had many headaces till i did the face cloths lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I started pouring cups of water over my son's head at a very early age to avoid him getting to where he didn't want the water near his face. With my daughter I always laid her down in the tub, but she was willing to do it.

Answer by missanc at 8:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well i have had this problem with my dear daughter, the best thing i did was buy a handheld shower and just point the shower head straight back and no water ever got in her face, im also a hairdresser and kids love getting there hair washed this way.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I also use the removable shower head. It's so much quicker and by the time my son cries about the water in his face I'm done. I use my hand to try to block it though.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• With one of these

Shampoo Rinse Cup

Rinse cup

They sell them at Walmart and online (not sure why this is centered sorry)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 9:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i tried the cup thing.. it still gets in her eyes (you have to keep in mind my daughter is 7 months old) but the shower squirt thig sounds like a great idea thanks Bmat! i will have to try that!
    lilmommy1020

Answer by lilmommy1020 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009