How do you interpret this verse? Is this the proof we all need to believe the Bible is real?

1 John 1 :3 - 4
We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you may also have fellowship with us. And the fellowship is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• if you dont believe the bible how do youblieve anything ?
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 8:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't believe their is an "interpretation". It means what it says. John witnessed Jesus' ministry on Earth, and he sought to encouraged believers through the ages by what he and others experienced. His epistles all stress love for one another in our personal walks with the Jesus. No one can "prove" the Bible's validity, it's based on faith.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• If we don't believe in the bible to begin with, why should we take this as "proof" to believe it's real?? NO it's not proof of anything. Lexy said it you can't prove it's validity it's faith based.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• its far from proof unless one believes everything they read to be fact. i agree w/ Lexylex that its about faith, not proof.

i see this verse as more of a "ive told you what ive seen so that you will believe too. im want the world to know how much joy Jesus has brought me."
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• ...No.

So we should believe anything that says "This book is true because such and such and so and so"? Even if it was a book about invisible pink unicorns and fairy farts and rainbows?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i see this verse as more of a "ive told you what ive seen so that you will believe too. im want the world to know how much joy Jesus has brought me."

I totally agree with you okmanders!
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• No, not proof, not even a little.

To me, it basically says this is what Ive seen and what I believe now come join us and we will worship,etc together as one worshipping God and Jesus.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Is this the proof we all need to believe the Bible is real?

Ahhh no!! This is proof of nothing... nothing at all. Sorry
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• No. It's just a few sentences in a book. I could just as easily say something like:

"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you may also have fellowship with us. And the fellowship is with Zeus and with His Son, Hercules. We write this to make our joy complete."

There's no difference in the two - in my interpretation.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

Sure it is!  And "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away" is proof that Darth Vader is real.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009