3.5 yr old is peeing in pants again - WHY?

My daughter Samantha has been potty trained since before she turned 2 & the last few days she has been peeing in her pants but still poops on the potty, Anyone have any ideas of why?

mama2005

Asked by mama2005 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I assume this is a very new thing and nothing has changed in the home to cause her to be upset or anything like that, the littlest of upsets in the house can cause regression. Is it possible that she has a UTI? Sometimes children have no symptoms of a UTI but suddenly peeing in her pants could be a very good sign. Might warrant a call to the pediatrician in the am, if she can pee in a cup for them you will have an answer pretty quickly.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 8:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well her aunt & cousin just moved out of our house into their own place on August 3rd & we have another friend moving in could that have anything to do with it? Yeah I can get her to pee in a cup & take her to the pediatrician tomorrow. Its happened a couple of times between yesterday & today & when she did it today it was to late to call the pediatrician but I am calling her in the morn. Thanks so much.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It is possible for kids to still regress, she potty trained fairly early so it isn't completely abnormal for her to have accidents. If the dr rules out a UTI this may be something else you may consider speaking with them about.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:38 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well Sam was complaining of it hurting to potty so I took her to the ER & she has a UTI, shes on antibiotics now & should be fine in a couple days.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I would like to know the same thing my daughter is about to turn 3 in oct. and was completly potty trained at 2 she will let us know when she has to go #2 and doesnt hardly ever have that kind of actdent but will pee in her pull ups all day long even if we take her every 30 min.I can say ive tried just telling her to use the potty by herself and that helps sometime!!
    binkybear687

Answer by binkybear687 at 1:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Glad you figured out the problem =) Hopefully she feels better soon!
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:53 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Thanks for all of your responses, this is such a great place 4 mommies
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2009