HELP!! Nipples!!

My daughter has recently been shown her 'ninnie's' by her older cousin (by 3 months) While i think its probably normal. She likes to wander around playing with them and it really freaks her father out. He thinks she should stop, and i think its probably normal, and will just go away after she has gotten used to the idea of having them. any help or experiences with this. please and thank you.

smilelovesmile

Asked by smilelovesmile at 8:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There are alot of good sites on sexual development in children, they explain what is normal, how to handle events in public, etc... He can read them, and see for him self, he needs to be calm about this or later in life it could affect her in a negatvie way but of course most dads would prefer that LOL, but he does need to do some reading up on this topic or hush up and let you deal with it.. To a toddler it is exploring, they dont think of it as bad or sexual as the adult mind does and no it does not mean someone touched her the wrong way. Talk to him and keep talking to him, just like little boys like to pull on their penis and make it grow, its the same thing. GL mommy....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• She is still a bit young but you can try to teach her that is something she does in her room when no one else is around. It works pretty well for most children, try it with her, oh yeah and tell dad not to be shocked when she discovers her vagina too...Thats coming up next, and yes its normal too... Boys are better at it than girls or better at hiding it but it just might happen with her too. Same rules, you do this in your room when no one is around...They outgrow it!!! Mostly LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• she touches her vagina when i cnhange her and says pee pee but i think she hasnt really discovered it. i have heard from my mother and my aunt that all their daughters(including me) well i will call it 'masturbated' as a toddler once we found our vagina. my mom said it freaked her out with her first girl but i guess it is sometimes a normal thing. I am cautious about bringing this subject up to her father, because he is very uptight? i don't think he will understand. whenever she touches her nipples he yell and takes her hand away. then i have to take him aside and tell him to stop. this is the first girl in a long time for his family so no one has advice for me but my side. i just was wondering how can i explain to him that it is normal and warn him of what may be coming up next.
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 9:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• thank you so much! you've been wonderful
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 9:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009