What do all of you positive people out there think?

This is for people who have something nice to say!!!

As a Christian this brings home the truth that I believe. What about the others who believe the same way, does this make your spirit lighter?!

And if you are not religous does this help to see that we are all not scary extremist who say the whole world is going to hell?!

http://www.pflag-cornhusker.org/articles/eelavfekfewyfqrcdp.html

sarahbrown1220

Asked by sarahbrown1220 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• and to be quiet so that others can actually hear the urging of the Holy Spirit on their own.

It's a shame but I feel that the Christian community forgets that homosexuals are as welcomed as any other "sinner" and that we are so focused on the "sin" that we really do them a disservice. How in the world will they ever grow and come to the place of repentance from their "sin" if we can't even let them into our churches, our groups, our lives and minister to them?

If someone wants to state that they think it is a sin, that's fine and that's someone's right to do so within their own opinion. But to the people who are just downright nasty....calling so much attention to someone elses' sin means you have so much more of your own you're trying to hide IMHO. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Note- POSITIVE PEOPLE ONLY, NO SARCASM, NO RUDE LANGUAGE, NO INTOLERANCE.
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think that whether or not people think it is a sin the bible also teaches people to be tolerant of others and leave the judging up to God. I liked the article. It combines scientific belief and faith nicely and I always love that!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My heart is grieved concerning that article. It clearly says in the word that homosexuality is sin period. To say otherwise is deceptive and leading people astray. Sadly those pastors will have to answer to God. I wish I could be positive on this one however I will not compromise what the Word of God specifically says about sin. It doesn't mean I am being intolerant, it does mean I will not straddle on the fence but listen to what the Lord says and believe what His word says.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• lol, I seen this in the other post. I love it :). Because it's about peace and truth :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• but Shan, it's more about telling others they love them, even though they sin. EVERYONE sins. But we still are suppose to love them. Correct them, perhaps, but love yes.

it's more about admitting no sin is greater than the next and shouldn't be treated like one is greater than the other.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• And also, I'm going to stick to my own rule here and stay as positive as possible- but alot of what people think the Bible says about homosexuality is completely taken out of context. And not many other things are as much, like the article says we don't stone children in the street anymore and the word "abomination" that is usually said when describing homosexuality at church services has a different meaning- unclean, like it was also seen to mix fabrics, eat ceartin foods and much more...
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• gotta agree with shaneagle777 on this one.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have to agree with xxhazeldovexx and sarahbrown 1220 on this one.....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm in agreement with Shaneagle777.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009