Do I have the right to say no?

Ok this is going to be a long story im sorry, but I just need to know if I am the selfish bitch or if my mother needs to be put in her place. This is how it started..
After college.. Me and my high school sweetheart decide to get our own apartment. We were so excited to be with each other, and had a great time. However, my older sister kate was having some money issues because her husband had gotten hurt, and his job didn’t pay him hardly any liability. (He got a huge wooden stake through his leg!) They did pay the hospital bill tho. But he was out of work for awhile. So my fiance and I decide to move in with my sister and help pay the rent. We gave up our apartment and for a few weeks everything was great. But Low and behold, my mother comes to say that she has broken up with her boyfriend and needs a place to stay. CONTINUED BELOW...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• So Its me, my fiance, my sister, and her husband and two kids, and then my mother wanted to move in with my younger brother too? There just wasn’t enough room. But we tried to make it work. But then I found out I was pregnant, and I was still working and so was my husband. My mother and I had gone for a short walk. Well my sisters two year old asked my fiance while I was gone..”Where did Lucy and Grandma go? When will they be back. What will you do if they never come back, call the cops?!?!. So my fiance was like..Uh I guess so. So when I came back..Me and fiance went up stairs to our room. With in a few minutes my mother comes in screaming and yelling and saying..”how fucking dare you say you’ll call the cops on me with my own daughter! Your such a scumbag…making my daughter work while shes pregnant..and not even marrying her, and all this bullshit. Mind you I had just found out I was pregnant….continued
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 8:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• continued....Mind you I had just found out I was pregnant….and I wasn’t going to give up working. I needed that job. Sure I was pregnant but only a month or so. And jonathan had preposed to me months before. We weren’t going to try and rush into anything just because I was pregnant. We wanted to get married because we loved each other, not because someone thought we had to. But no matter what I said my mother kept getting in his face and screaming! My younger brother tried to break it up but he couldn’t. So in the midst of all the screaming, we took our stuff and left to go see if our land lord had given away our apartment. Well he had already. We had no where to go. So my fiance calls his parents and they say that we can stay with them. But they live three hours away. So we had to give up our jobs at this call center and move in with them. I thought it wasn’t going to be for long.
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 8:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• The job that we had gotten was an hour from home, and gas cost us 100 bucks a week. But as my pregnancy progressed, I had to quit working. I was gaining too much water weight from standing on my feet all day (Walmart associate) and I was getting bladder, urinary, and yeast infections right after another. So my mother in law is a RN and she said we had to stay with them because I was so sick. Anyways, so here we are almost a year and living with the inlaws. Ive had my baby, and she is the most beautiful in the world. We also got married a few months before I had my baby. We have managed to save up some money, and we are going to be moving out. Well in the mean time I had reconciled with my mother. She got on antidepressants, and was acting like a normal mom should. continued
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 8:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well since she owned a 5 acre piece of property down the road, and (since it was only a mile from her x boyfriend of 6 years…) she said we could use it. Well all there was was a 2 room camper on the property. She said we could use that for a couple of months so that we could save up some more money and not have to pay rent or ustilities since they were already established. Well me and hubby said ok! The camper was large and had a queen size bed, and it would only be for a few months till we could get a trailer put on. Well…what do you know? She ends up throwing this big scheme together that she is going to move into the camper with us four nights a week. SO 4 of us are going to share the camper…together? Only one bed…no privacy all these things are running through my head and I don’t know what to say to her. So in the meantime…my brother who is almost 18 decides that he is going to move in with his new girlfriend.
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 8:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I had been best friends with this girl for a long time. And so had my brother. They both confided in me that they liked each other.SO I set them up And they dated for awhile, and he said he was sick of moms craziness and left the house and moved in with her and they are going to get an apartment together and go to college together. I have never seen my brother so friggin happy. But my mother called me up bitching and saying that I took her son from her and that I was horrible, and that it was all my fault that this went on. Well, my sister kate has been doing real well. That is until my mother moved into her new apartment. My mother had previously moved out and moved back in with her X. Well they had broken up again. And she moved back in with my sister. AGAIN. Well things went to hell as usual. Kates husband was starting to bitch about everything and get abusive. continued...
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 9:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well just last night he said he couldn’t take it anymore, and threw three stake knives across the kitchen when my 5 year old nephews were in there. My sister had no choice but to call the cops because he was getting so out of hand. Well my sister is crying and saying she loves her husband but has no choice she doesn’t need her kids taken away. Meantime my mother is saying how selfish and stupid my sister is. And how much of a bitch my other sister is too. Well my sister is crying to me and saying she cant take it anymore. Well, my mother was bitching to my sister saying how I took her boy from her and everything and doesn’t even care that my sister is going through a hard time and is so happy that her husbands not there because now she can boss my sister around all she wants. She is 34 years old. My mother had stopped taking her antidepressants and you could tell.
    Rebekahs_Mommy

• She was back to being a crazy lunatic again. Well my sister told me that there is going to be an empty apartment underneath her. So I asked my husband if he would consider renting it and he said yes. Well I told my sister and she was so happy. Now we can share babysitting so that we can all get jobs and pay the rent. Well my mom calls up and is like its going to be so cool. We are going to live in the camper together and everything will be great. So I say, Im sorry mom. But there is an apartment for rent that I really want. My daughter is going to need a lot of space for her walker when she begins to walk. And I told her that we weren’t going to have enough room for all of our stuff, the crib, playpen, walker. So she gets mad and started saying that all her dreams of us living like the waltons were squashed because of me and that I was a disloyal bitch and all of this stuff.
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 9:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• You need to tell your mom the whole story. And tell her to chill it out. And that most women work while they're prego these days. My mom and my SO have gotten into it a couple of time and it always pisses me off. People need to mind their own business sometimes! And I'm sure that when the little kid asked if your SO would call the cops your SO thought that meant if something bad had happened to you guys. I would hope someone would call the cops if I didn't come home from a walk!!!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• What do I do? I want to live into the downstairs apartment, but I do not want my mother living with me. Am I a horrible daughter? But some times since she stopped taking her antidepressants, I feel like I either want to commite suicide, or punch her in the face. I don’t trust that she is not going to try to move in with me and make my marriage go all to hell! Do I have a right to tell my mother no and that this is my life??? I don’t want her moving in with me because she will boss me around and treat me like shit. She is always saying that us three girls are stupid, selfish disloyal bitches and we cant stand it anymore. My two oldest brothers don’t even talk to her anymore because she does nothing to help herself get out of poverty. She just moves in your house and spends tons of money on frivolous things when she could easily get her own place! What do I do?? Please ladies I need some serious help!
    Rebekahs_Mommy

• Long story short huh? LMFAO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009