My almost 3 year old daughter has been wearing panties for 2 months and still not potty trained.

She pees and poops everywhere but the toilet. She tells me she has to pee or poop after she does it. Its a big mess. How can I get her to understand to use the toliet first before she goes on herself. HELP PLEASE!!!

adriana82

Asked by adriana82 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Many children aren't ready developmentally until they are 3-3.5 to potty train. Put her back in diapers and wait until she is ready.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Does she get a reward when she does go on the potty? My daughter gets one jelly belly jellybean every time she sits on the potty and actually goes.
    ******For anyone who says NOT to reward a child for progress they are making in potty training and that "bribing" them with a little treat is wrong....KISS MY ASS. There is nothing wrong with it at all. Not like they will still expect M&Ms when they are 16.

Back on track....sorry, I just know that answer will get bashed. Try using the plastic covers for when she is wearing the panties, that will help to at least contain the mess a bit more. I know it is costly, but the Pampers Easy-ups are fantastic too, no mess but they feel more like panties and they are super easy for the kiddos to pull down and back up again. I know how frustrating this can be, just do your best to be patient and praise, praise, praise when she does even a trickle in the potty. (I am sure you do already) GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Check out 3DayPottyTraining.com. It was an absolute miracle for us!

We potty trained our son at 27 months in about a week and our daughter at 20 months in 3 days! We plan to use the same method on our now (almost) 2yo as soon as I have this baby! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• y is she wearing panties if she is not potty trained? you are setting yourself up to clean a mess
    makes no sence
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• She's not ready. You have to wait until she gives you signals that she's ready. You cannot force a child to potty train.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Ok i was all excited to see that post about 3 day potty training as i have been doing it for 9 months.  I go through maybe 1 or 2 easy ups a day usually when she is asleep.  But if I have her in regular undies so goes all day long in them.  If I have her naked she goes to the potty on the toilet you see my problem?  I need help potty training her. Granted we were at this point like 6 months ago but we had a house fire and then she refused to use the potty for a while.

tdoubleday04

Answer by tdoubleday04 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009