my daughter is 11 and has the worst attitude and she back talks all the time should i stop spanking her it helps but is there a nother thing to taking things away does not help

nothing works

natbug6697

Asked by natbug6697 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'm all up for a spanking, but at this age (from a child who was spanked aggressively) I think she's too old for that. I wonder, when you take things away, for how long you are doing it? This is what I would do, in this order. Take away everything. TV, Internet, Phone, cell phone, going out privileges. This means, not only taking them from her room, but also not letting her watch the tv in the front room, or go out with her friends. If, as you said, that doesn't work, add on chores and volunteer work. Maybe helping the less fortunate or someone in need will help her. If that doesn't work, add on tasks. Read this book, here's war and peace. (Lol, I'm kidding, but you know what I mean) I hope it helps, these are things I'd definitely respond to at that age!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 10:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I agree completely with NomadSara, but you have to stick with it and stick to your guns it is too easy to let them off the hook, but if she sees that you mean business she may change her attitude.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2008