Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So my OB called a "Social worker" to check on me after I have my child.

I own a home, I work and make pretty good money, I have family support and friends that are great- My life is pretty good, and I'm very excited to be a mother.
My OB said, because I was single, and 21 years old with a (small) history of mental problems (depression/sucide attempt when I was 17) she thought it best to bring in a social worker to speak with me regaurding my "situation"...
I feel like Im being judged, she told me I had NO choice but to go after for child support, asked me if I had bought clothes, and cribs and car seats diapers and such.. Than informed me of a HOME visit she needed to have and told me that I had to make an apt for a phycitrist/theripist BEFORE I had the baby, and had to have one made before I would be able to leave the hospital.
I feel like they want to take away my child, and they have 100% NO REASON to be on my back like this. I think this is a great way to find out if someone could be CONT


Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • i would also report this to someone, mental health is out of her scope of pracicem and it is inapropriate

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • potentionally harmfull to there child/themselves. or if they have like a ton of children, or are on some type of PA, but I have non of those problems.
    Can I tell this lady to back the fuck off?

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • did the ob or social worker tell you theese things?
    i would switch to a diff ob

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • OP here- The OB informed me that she gave this woman my phone number- than this social worker called me and told me/asked me off of the above things-
    And I COULD find another ob- But Im 38 weeks, and there is only ONE hospital in my area, and this social worker works IN that hospital.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • see a diff OB and go to a diff hospital for your delivery

    Answer by Dom123123 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • idk i wish i had some help for you
    this sucks
    talk to your mom, or call social services and ask them theese questions, speak to a manager
    good luck

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • I would say of course you don't see a pontential problem... maybe the doctor sees something you can't see. I personally think thats great that the doctor is looking out for your unborn baby and others. I wish more would do that. There are so many babies being born to losers (NOT say you are one) and they should take initiative and get involved right away.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • OP here- Also, I know it sounds like Im avoiding the WHOLE truth, but I am being completely honest here, thats why I dont understand. I have no problems other than the fact that Im going to be a single mother (which I dont consider a problem) She is making me feel like im irresponsible, or white trash or a PA abuser or something...


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • if you are honeslty not showing any dangerous behaviors then report her to the medical boars, it is against the law to share patient info like that

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

  • OP HERE- its hard for me to report her, because I no that this is PROBABLY a good thing for alot of young single mothers like myself. There are so many kids having kids these days (not that Im better than them, I made the mistake too) but I don't drink, do drugs, party- I work!
    I work hard!
    I don't want to report her and get her into trouble because Im sure this has saved alot of babies going home to unfit mothers, or mothers that have signs of baby blues or what not- Maybe she DOES see a potential for me to get the baby blues, and i would understand if she had SAID that, and suggested to me I find a phycitrist just in case- But to have a SOCIAL WORKER get on my back about it, and tell me what I HAVE to do-especially involving child support just INRAGES ME.
    They said If I don't go after for child support the hospital would... I dont want his help-because I dont want him around me or the baby, I have my reasons!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009