is it bad to sleep on your right side at 17 weeks pregnant?

i know im suppose to sleep on my left side, but i toss and turn all night! and i wake up every mornin with my right side hurting (like below my belly) and it hurts til a few mins after a pee...do u think could be bc i sleep on my right side?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i do that all the time...LOL Im 27 weeks...I toss and turn as well
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Only if you have any high blood pressure concerns.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 9:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• NO . It's not bad to sleep on the right just better to do so on the left.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have never heard of sleeping on one side or the other. Now that I think about it, I was more comfortable on my left side, but would sometimes fall asleep on my right side. To be honest, the most comfortable position was for me to sleep on my stomach, but obviously that was out of the question.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• it doesnt matter which side you sleep on either side is fine and i still sleep on my back at 32wks whatever is most comfortable for you
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 10:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• They say to preferably sleep on your left side due to blood supply but it's not bad to sleep on your right side. Docs say not to sleep on your back at all when your prego
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Just don't sleep on your tummy and your fine, yes the left side gets more blood circulation but hun you're pregnant you have to be comfortable, No tummy!! Docs say back and sides are good to go!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I was told that you can sleep however you're comfortable. Your body will let you know if you should move. I slept on my belly with my daughter til it became uncomfortable. I'm a lil over 17 weeks now and I still sleep on my belly!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• You can sleep on either side, left side just takes pressure of your nerves and stuff, i toss and turn and wake up on my back sometimes, whatever is comfortable for you. Just not your tummy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I was told what was comfortable. i lay on my left and on my right and sometimes on my stomach lol.... you will know if your uncomfortable so youll move..
    kelsbug05

Answer by kelsbug05 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009