Is there anyway to get your license fast?

Theres no way I'm going to be able to go through a class and a school and all that god stuff drivers ed wasn't available in high school either are there any opportunity for me being a single mom and needing to drive to get to work to support my family?

zoeilyy

Asked by zoeilyy at 10:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• You usually don't have to go to driver's ed to take the test to get your license. However, you usually do need to take a written test, and some states require a practical test as well if you've never held a license before or let your license expire. The coursework is helpful for insurance-- you usually get a discount for having taken the course.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i got my permit, and went back 30 days later to take the drivers test. but 30 days is the state min. where im from. but from my home state if you were 18 or older you could go back 3 days after getting your permit. call the dmv and ask them how long you have to wait after getting a permit to take the road test theyll tell you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think you might have to get a permit first, but I don't know about any test. I think, as long as you are old enough, you just have to go pass the written test and then pass the driving test. You'll get your license that day.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• how can you afford a car, gas, insurance and maintenance? get a bus pass
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I never took drivers ed I just went down took the test and got my license
    They are mailing them to you now tho lol its a pain .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:13 AM on Aug. 14, 2009