Am I over-reacting?

My 4 yr old son came home from daycare the other day and told my husband and I that a boy in his class had been hitting him. My son said he hits everyone, so I ask him want the teacher does when the little boy hit others and he said she tells them to just to hit him back. So this morning when I drop off my son I talked the teacher about it and she said yeah, I tell them to hit him back and he will stop. I was so stunned that my 4 yr old had not been exaggerating I didn't know what to say to her. But all day I have been thinking about and it really bothers me. Now I know that kids hit each other from time to time, stuff like that just happens, but I don't think she should be telling others to hit back. Do you think I should talk to the director of the daycare about it or am I over-reacting about nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im sorry but DUH you should talk to the director !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yes you should talk to the director
    she should be helping the kid that hits realise that violence is not accepted, not making more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Um no def. talk to the director she is promoting violence, thank goodness ur son is smart enough to tell u this.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 10:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yeah definately talk to her boss, or someone higher above her. This is what leads to fighting in school and poor behavior. I wonder if the mother of the hitting child knows this herself. She might not like the fact that the teacher allows him to act that way while in her care
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yes I would talk to the director bc one of these days that child is going to hit the wrong one and he will get injured. Plus, whose to say he won't hurt another child seriously one day? That is a bad idea all the way around to promote violence like that!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yes and start looking for a new center. She probably already knows and won't do anything about it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009