Anyone surprised?

Raleigh, N.C. — Sources have told WRAL News that they expect former U.S. Sen. John Edwards to admit that he is the father of his former mistress' 18-month-old daughter.

Edwards, a two-time Democratic presidential candidate, confessed last August to having an affair with Rielle Hunter, who served as a videographer on Edwards' 2008 campaign. He has denied fathering her daughter, saying his relationship with Hunter ended before the child was conceived.

The name of the girl's father isn't disclosed on her birth certificate.

Andrew Young, a long-time Edwards aide, initially claimed to be the father of Hunter's child, but he is reportedly writing a book in which he will claim Edwards is the father.

I support a cage match between him, Sanford , blago and Ensign...Last man standing gets to show his face in public from time to time, the reast must MOVE to another country. I hear Iraq is nice this time of year?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Stupid a**. He should just suck it up and admit he is the father. That is less offensive than denying the child.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

Him and Jesse Jackson...Denying the child makes you non-redeemable in my book!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That scum bag should just admit that there is a possibility that he's the father of the women's child. He's already the scum of the earth in my book for cheating on his wife. Why make it worse by denying a child?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Ditto anon x 10. Cheating on his DYING wife while running for PRESIDENT, then denying the child.

Scummy slimebag.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• The only person he is hurting is that child! A**hole!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• This is just the craziest story. I mean WTH did he think he had to gain by waiting to tell this after he had already lost the bid for president!? Why not just be a man admit that beautiful baby is yours! This guy is the lowest of low!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

and the baby is like his MINI-ME!! LOL...Can't believe his wife is still with him!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Sweet I agree with you 100% on this one! I have ZERO sympathy/tolerance for this kind of dad.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Cheaters suck
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Idiot and Sanford too
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:25 AM on Aug. 14, 2009